hr
jaargang -23 - laatste artikel 19-4 18:00 - 74423 artikelen - nu online 28 bezoekers -

Home
Forum
Lid worden

Leden
Gebruikersnaam:

Wachtwoord:

Login onthouden

Login via:
Wachtwoord vergeten.

Het Forum

· [MED] Mededelingen
· [SUG] Suggesties
· [M&S] Moppen/Spelletjes
· [CUL] Kunst & Cultuur
· [OFT] Offtopic
· [G&C] Games & Computers
· [WMO] Wat me is overkomen
· [VDS] Vragen des levens
· [POL] Politiek
· [CON] Consumenten forum

Kunst - Muziek - Film - Tekeningen & andere culturele uitspattingen

[1]

Oprah

20-12-06 10:12:32 - Quote! - @Pluppel
Pluppel
Oudgediende

WMRindex: 2.068
OTindex: 13.920
S
Nee, ik kijk dit zeker niet altijd,nooit eigelijk, maar ik hoorde gister over de aflevering "de geheime taal van baby's", waarin een jongen zonder ogen door een geluid met zn tong te maken toch kon "zien". Hij wist waar alles was, komt in een vreemde kamer en weet dat het een keuken/woonkamer is, etc.. Weet iemand hoe deze jongen heet?

20-12-06 10:30:31 - Quote! - @Tovenaar
Tovenaar
Erelid

WMRindex: 370
OTindex: 3.459
Ik had het ook gezien. Wel een wonderlijk fenomeen. Eens even googlen. No worries dat je het eigenlijk ook kijkt, ik ook niet. Er was gewoon niks anders op ;)

20-12-06 10:31:47 - Quote! - @lanira_mommy
lanira_mommy
Erelid

WMRindex: 833
OTindex: 743
S

20-12-06 10:35:23 - Quote! - @Tovenaar
Tovenaar
Erelid

Inderdaad. :) Hoe heb je hem gevonden? Ik vond hem niet :P

20-12-06 10:36:59 - Quote! - @lanira_mommy
lanira_mommy
Erelid

S
jjaaaa geheim van de smid :P

nee maar moet je de reactie van yolanda lezen onderaan die website, het hele lange stuk tekst, moet zeggen dat ze zeker weten een punt heeft

20-12-06 10:43:59 - Quote! - @Pluppel
Pluppel
Oudgediende

S
Quote lanira_mommy:
dit is hem

Dankjewel!:D

20-12-06 10:46:09 - Quote! - @lanira_mommy
lanira_mommy
Erelid

S
hier nog een artikel

dit artikel heeft 3 paginas (onderaan zie je dat staan zeg maar)
Ook degene die hem begeleid (ene mevrouw haase) zegt dat het een groot risico is dat Ben weigert een stok te gebruiken , en dat het heus heel erg knap is wat hij kan maar dat als hij in een onbekende omgeving zou komen of ergens met veel lawaai hij groot gevaar loopt.

20-12-06 10:47:55 - Quote! - @Pluppel
Pluppel
Oudgediende

S
Quote Tovenaar:
Ik had het ook gezien. Wel een wonderlijk fenomeen. Eens even googlen. No worries dat je het eigenlijk ook kijkt, ik ook niet. Er was gewoon niks anders op ;)

Ik heb het niet gezien, mijn moeder keek het, ik zat toen lekker in bad te wandelen:|8O

20-12-06 10:50:08 - Quote! - @lanira_mommy
lanira_mommy
Erelid

S
en dit is in het nederlands
hmm is maar een klein stukje zie ik die weer linkt naar dat engel-talige artikel. sorry[color=]

20-12-06 10:51:14 - Quote! - @Pluppel
Pluppel
Oudgediende

S
Nogmaals bedankt8)

20-12-06 11:15:07 - Quote! - @Tovenaar
Tovenaar
Erelid

Quote:
Of course everyone thinks this is amazing, when in reality it’s just flat out weird and ridiculous.
(1) First, we blind people are humans, not dolphins or bats who use echo location by clicking their tongues and shrieking.
(2) Second, long white canes were invented to identify objects for us by either coming in contact with objects ahead of us in our direct path and by using the tapping noise created by the cane to create echo-location as another form of getting feedback from our environment. I know that I get stares when using my cane but I don’t think I would get any fewer stares if I was walking around clicking my tongue. People would think I was a freak or high, so clicking my tongue instead of using a cane or guide dog would not get me any fewer stares because it is not socially acceptable. I think my friends would be embarrassed of me if I did that.
(3) Third, this clicking is not efficient because it only works with objects that are stationary and in relatively close proximity. This kid could be walking down a sidewalk but if there is one small thin pole in the path there is no way he would be able to locate this object from 5 feet away because it is not a big object and I would be able to locate it with my cane at about 5 ft because it is long. Clicking is also not efficient because not all objects are stationary in this world, many people walk on sidewalks and in malls. And how do you expect to carry on a conversation with a friend that you are shopping or going out with if you are constantly having to click your tongue. Talk about exhausting!
(4) Fourth, this is not a practical method of traveling because this kid is not able to walk very quickly if he is always waiting to get feedback, and what about lower object like curbs and broken up sidewalks and holes, clicking is not going to help him detect those because those are differences on the ground. But of course no one ever thinks to ask him that in these interviews. It’s totally unsafe to not have a cane because one day this kid is going to step off a high curb, in a hole or construction and seriously hurt himself and have no one to blame but himself! My blind friends and I could totally out walk/run him and leave him behind.
(5) Finally, there is no possible way that is kid is going to be able to cross a street by clicking his damn tongue because intersections are full of noise with buses, big rigs, motorcycles, and vehicles with diesel engines. And if he was to get hit by a car it would be his fault because drivers would think he is sighted because he didn’t have a cane or guide dog as a symbol to identify that he is blind. And of course they don’t show him these scenarios when he’s on talk shows like Oprah and Ellen. How does this kid think he’s going to get around on a college campus someday or get a job if he continues these inefficient and socially unacceptable methods of travel!
I’m embarrassed that he is making the blind community look stupid and weird. And what I fear is that the next time a person sees me using my cane after they have seen this kid on Oprah, is that they will think to themselves “Poor girl, she has to use a cane because she doesn’t know how to click her tongue and get around without it.” I hate how this kid is reinforcing negative stereotypes and stigmas that blind people have to count their steps or click their tongues to travel independently. And that fact that he is getting all of this publicity on TV shows like Ellen and Oprah, and in People magazine, where millions of people watch and read these forms of media everyday, after organizations like the National Federation of the Blind have tried to educate the public that blind people should be treated normal in society. We have worked so hard to make society realize that using a long white cane and guide dog is respectable, and I don’t know if this kid is embarrassed to use either of these tools but being treated like a celebrity just because he thinks he’s invented this new method of traveling is derailing all of the education that has occurred. And to make it worse is that they are creating a documentary on this guy and it is going to air on the TLC network next year. He is not amazing…curing AIDS is amazing! And just as a side note, two friends of mine have met him and he acts really cocky and like he is better then them for not using a cane. And when he was suppose to go to this summer camp for blind students to learn how to use a cane, cook, clean, technology and other stuff, he didn’t show up. And my friend was a counselor at that camp. I don’t feel like I am being to harsh nor do I feel bad for dissing this kid because I am one hacked off blind person who is confident, educated, independent, and competent and have worked to hard to get training in blindness skills and change the publics misconceptions of blind people by educating them. And I would have no problem telling him any of this to his face if I ever got the chance.

20-12-06 11:22:29 - Quote! - @Tovenaar
Tovenaar
Erelid

Ik heb het gelezen. En ik vind dat ze een hoop onzin brabbelt.

Over punt 1: Daar ben ik het mee eens. Maar ik vind het gewoon knap dat ie het uberhaubt kan. Hij heeft het zichzelf gewoon aangeleerd.

Over punt 2: Ze zouden zich ervoor schamen? Dan heb je foute vrienden zeg...

Over punt 3: Op Oprah liet ie zelf zien dat ie dat juist wel kon. Hij wees alles aan :? En het is zijn methode. Hij heeft nooit gezegd dat iemand het uberhaubt over moest nemen.

Over punt 4: Zelfde als punt 3.

Over punt 5(finally): Hij heeft ook oren? Hij doet echt niet alles met klikken he. Het is een hulpmiddel! Hij accepteert het niet dat hij blind is. Hij probeert zoveel mogenlijk te doen.

Wat een onzin dat hij de "community" probeert te dissen. Volgens mij is er gewoon iemand jalours hier. :? Laat hem ook eens genieten? Waarom niet?

20-12-06 11:25:56 - Quote! - @Tovenaar
Tovenaar
Erelid

Mijn comment op die site:

I think we have some jealous people here... Give me a hug. You're also cool, don't worry!

20-12-06 11:28:10 - Quote! - @Pluppel
Pluppel
Oudgediende

S
Das best heel wat anders dan de hele dag voor de geraniums zitten en niks doen.. Best wonderbaarlijk wat hij allemaal kan doen8O

20-12-06 11:29:23 - Quote! - @Tovenaar
Tovenaar
Erelid

Agree :)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om te kunnen reageren!

[1]

WMRphp ver. 7.1 secs - Smalle versie - terug naar boven